Friday, May 3, 2013

Tillamook Cheddar Cheese and My Dream Burger!

Did you know that May is National Burger Month? It seems nowadays every day is a new food holiday, but I love burgers, so that's one I can get behind :-)

Tillamook contacted Texas Bloggers to participate in an All-Natural Burger Grillabration and I was one of the lucky ones! As part of the festivities, I received a burger kit that consisted of a t-shirt, an apron, some other fun stuff and award winning Tillamook Medium Cheddar Cheese Slices. All I had to do was dream up a burger, make it and eat it. Easy enough. 

When we go out for burgers, we like simple, fuss-free burgers with a lot of flavor. Of course I like fancy burgers with a lot of toppings, but I have a problem paying $20 for a burger. When we crave burgers and I don't want to make them at home we go to Top Notch in Austin, Texas for a flame-grilled burger. Their onion rings are the best! That place really is a hole-in-the-wall and it's decor is stuck in the 1970's but that's part of the appeal, it's consistently good and we've been going there for years. 

But this post is about my homemade burger and Tillamook sliced cheddar. We've been buying Tillamook Cheddar for years now and it's the only cheese in our fridge so I was excited to participate in this Grillabration. For the burger itself, I seasoned the ground beef (85/15) with salt, pepper and 4 cloves of chopped fresh garlic. I formed them into 1/3 pound patties then cooked them in bacon grease. I topped them with a slice of Tillamook Medium Cheddar, 2 bacon slices, green leaf lettuce, tomato and a fried egg on a toasted crustini bun. The only thing that could have made this better was a little pesto mayo. This burger was messy and huge but it was so good! 

Tillamook is offering a $1 off coupon for Lick The Bowl Good readers. Click the link to print out your coupon and start creating your dream burger!


“The Tillamook $1 off Natural Slices coupon will be available until May 21, 2013. It will expire within 30 days of printing, so don’t forget to use it soon! Please reach out to Tillamook directly with any questions, comments, or concerns about the coupon: Contact Tillamook [www.Tillamook.com/Contact]”






 If you could create your dream burger what would it consist of?!


6 comments:

Sue said...

I think I gained 5 pounds just reading about this burger. I have cut way down (almost none) on red meat and I have been craving a burger...this didn't help with that! Mine would have to have a bit of avocado and mushrooms on it...mmm!

Amalya said...

Hi Monica!
Your burger looks delicious! I can't wait to try it out!
Thanks so much for sharing your recipe and the coupon with your readers!

All the best,
Amalya, of the Tillamook Team

Unknown said...

Hello
I found you on Pinterest and could not wait to look at your site. I'm a new follower and want to pin everything you've made, it ALL looks amazing. I've gotta try a bunch of your recipes. I host a small recipe swap on weekends if you ever want to add some recipes we'd love to have you join us.
Angel @ sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com

Nancy said...

I've not seen Tillamook in my area but that burger lookas great. I have a new favorite cheddar but it is not a sandwich cheddar. It's Kerrygold Skellig. Delicious. My favorite deli cheddar used to be Boar's Head yellow Double Gloucester but I can't find it anymore.

runescape cheapest gold said...

Your burger looks delicious! I can't wait to try it out!
Thanks so much for sharing your recipe and the coupon with your readers!
cheap gold runescape

Unknown said...

4 Cloves of Garlic? I would have added 5 ;-) I LOVE me so garlic; I'm going to have to try this burger, sounds wonderful!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails