Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Spring Cleaning- 13 New Recipes

Today I have a collection of recipes that I've made over the past couple years that never got blogged and have been taking up valuable real estate on my computer. It's about time I shared them with you, so here they are. For the recipes, just click the links under the coordinating picture. Enjoy!

1. Zucchini Cake- This recipe comes from Debbie at Mocha Me. She made a zucchini coconut layer cake but peeled the zucchini cake for an all-white interior. I omitted the coconut, made it into a Bundt and topped it with a thick glaze. It was a really moist cake.

2. Honey Whole Wheat Oatmeal Pancakes- This recipe is from Coleen at Coleen's Recipes. I topped mine with a cooked blueberry topping for a hearty breakfast.

3. Giant M&M Cookie- I've made this recipe several times. It comes from Mel's Kitchen Cafe and her version calls for chocolate chips. I've made it with chocolate chips before but this time I opted for colorful M&M's for a kids birthday party. It is so easy to make and yields a crispy chewy cookie great for sharing.

4. Sugar Cookie Bars- I saw these all over the Internet a couple years ago but resisted them until last Fall when I made them for a dessert bar. I got this recipe from The Repressed Pastry Chef and it feeds a ton of people.If you like soft sugar cookies, these are for you.

5. Cranberry Pecan White Chocolate Rice Treats- This is a great recipe from Better Homes & Gardens. You start with your basic rice krispie treats and dress them up with pecans, white chocolate chips and dried cranberries. I added a few extra on top for more color.

6. Mocha Crinkles- This is another recipe from BHG that I made a while back. These cookies were so soft and fluffy, with the unexpected ingredient of yogurt in them. They are relatively low fat but by the taste, you'd never guess it. They have great mocha flavor then are rolled in cinnamon sugar. yum!

7. Spritz Cookies- This one is from my friend Michelle of One Ordinary Day. She sprinkled colored sugar on her while I chose to plop an M&M in the middle before baking for more of a flower looking cookie. I then filled them with a little melted chocolate. This is a holiday classic made fun.

8. Gateau Breton- This is a recipe from Rose Levy Beranbaum that I made with my friends Ingrid and Michelle last Spring that just never got blogged. It is a rich nutty, buttery dessert. It's a cross between a cake and a shortbread.

9. Lime-Pepper Tilapia- As soon as I saw this recipe from Leslie at La Cocina de Leslie, I had to make it. I love tilapia and this one had a crunchy coating then spiced with lots of lime zest and pepper.

10. Glazed Meatloaf- I've been making this recipe from Martha's Mom (Mrs. Kostyra) for years. I pretty much follow the recipe but I like to caramelize the onions before adding them to the meat mixture. I also add beef bouillon granules instead of salt and omit the parsley. It makes a very moist meatloaf topped with a sweet glaze. It makes great sandwiches the next day too.

11. Basic Buttermilk Waffles- I made these so long ago but never blogged them. I got the recipe from my local newspaper but the recipe is from Alton Brown and can be found on Food Network. I served them with fresh berries, syrup and bacon for that sweet and salty combo.

12. Chocolate Coconut Hedgie Cookies- This recipe comes from Technicolor Kitchen. I like that you coat them in powdered sugar and when they bake they spread and crackle. Not only were they pretty but they were loaded with coconut which made for a chocolate-y chewy cookie.

13. Caramel Turtle Rice Krispie Treats- This treat is from Glorious Treats. You take a basic rice krispie treat and top it with melted caramels and chocolate and sprinkled with toasted nuts for a decadent twist on a childhood favorite.

Have you made anything lately that you haven't blogged about?

13 comments:

Cupcake Crazy Gem said...

Yes I have! I have at least 13 treats too that I've made over the past few months that still need blogging about! I'm so behind! This is a great idea!I love how fun that giant m&m cookie is and the coconut chocolate crackle cookies look and sound amazing! Thanks for sharing!

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

So many delicious recipes to choose from. The breton cake especially sounds appealing.

vanillasugarblog said...

so much i haven't blogged about yet. my archive file is overfilled.
that cover photo of yours, i always chuckle at--love that little smile.

Heather at Kitchen Concoctions said...

Wow! What a great group of recipes and beautiful pictures to go with them! I saw the giant chocolate chip cookie recipe on Mel's site and have wanted to make it. I love your addition of colorful M&Ms. Also you can never go wrong with rice krispie treats and these 'kicked up' versions look fab!

Heather at Kitchen Concoctions said...

Oh and I could probably blog every day for a month and still not be caught up on everything! Maybe one day I'll get on top of it!

Maria said...

So many tasty recipes!

the wild magnolia said...

this post is chocked full of goodies.

thank you.

ELENA S said...

All the recipes looks so so yummy!!!I will try them for sure!!!Hello from Greece!!!

Unknown said...

I love the look of the caramel turtle rice krispie treats, the Gateau Breton, and of course the giant m&m cookie! It looks liek you've got some winners in there :)

Patti said...

thank you for all of these great ideas! I'm going to try the sugar cookie bars for my daughter's teacher. awesome!

calicodaisy said...

I've made plenty of great things not blogged about, but today I put together your banana pudding pie recipe, & it turned out fantastic! I blogged and pinned my result and linked back to you!

oneordinaryday said...

You brilliant lady! What a delicious roundup, Monica, and how smart to do a whole post on all those pics piling up that haven't gotten blogged. I should post my Gateau Breton too!

Unknown said...

One word: YUM!

Related Posts with Thumbnails